[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
flex-binding ("perfect" for paperbacks or hardcovers)
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: flex-binding ("perfect" for paperbacks or hardcovers)
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@NYC.PIPELINE.COM>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 20:07:10 GMT
- Message-Id: <199608272007.NAA22480@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
1. Clamp pages about 3"-4" from spine (include folded endsheets if it's for
a hardcover case-binding)
2. Flex them one way and glue them (I use Jade or Elvace PVA)
3. Flex them the other way and glue them
4. Squeeze the spine
5. Add mull (aka super, crash) if it's to be casebound, and a lining paper
or hollow tube; or for paperbacks, add the cover.
6. Stack up the books under a brick.