Vandercook Measurements

We have a Vandercook SP15 in storage in Austin TX, and are about to move it
out to where we are (San Francisco) and set up a studio. Could someone
else out there who has an SP15 measure theirs and tell us exactly how wide
the thing is? Our studio has a skinny little door, 31", and the
Vandercook spec. sheet says our press is 32" wide. We are hoping that
number includes something easily removed, like the handle or such, to
make the net width anything under 31". You will be the bearer of glad
tidings indeed if you can tell us this is the case!

Thanks in advance,

Cory and Asa (disregard apparent e-mail identity; this is a borrowed account)