Re: Handmade paper

>I'm trying to make paper with embedded flowers or leaves, but I just
>can't seem to get it to look like the handmade paper I've seen at the stores.
>Two problems in particular are 1) I can't get the flower petals to
>actually become embedded in the paper (they only stay on the surface and
>eventually fall off after the sheet is dried)
>and 2) the finished sheet is very rough even though I press the sheets
>after couching.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>one paper maker says that he uses a 4 ton press for making-pressing the
paper-maybe you don't use enough
pressure-to make it bond
                                            Brought to you by WWWebMasters
(204.214.98.131) and
                                              SOFIE at the GEARS Project's
OASIS (204.214.98.130)

                 We build Internet access points of presence in rural areas
for communities, investors,
                 non-profit organizations, and members general public welfare.

                                                                    Local
Access.... Global Reach!