Re: Help...........

  Michael, may I ask you a question?  I hope this will not come over
badly in the medium of print, since it is a genuine question and not
a veiled slight.  Why do you need to prevent the show through if you
are deliberately concerning yourself with "found" material.  Isn't
the double surface printing part of the object you have found?  I would
be interested in hearing from you and other book artists who use found
materials how they decide what intrinsic qualities of these materials
to use and what to modify.  I know this is a can of worms I am ripping
open, but I would like to hear from those on the list who do this sort
of thing.

Dorothy C. Africa
bookbinder, Harvard Law School Library
africa@hulaw1.harvard.edu