Oil Color Marbling

I have just started oil color marbling and am having some wonderful results.
Since I have a degree in music and not art, I did not know that the oil
paint and the thinner will eventually destroy the paper that has been marbled.

I would like to sell these "marbleings" in galleries and at art shows, but
feel that either I should be able to  treat the paper with something that
will make it last longer, or add a disclaimer to the work.

Has anyone solved this problem?
How long will the artwork last, if I use 100% cotton rag paper?

Thanks for your help!

Lois Ann