[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: embroidered bindings
- From: Roberta Pilette <pilette@UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 11:01:39 -0500
- Message-Id: <199609091602.JAA16115@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
This message is being cross-listed on Conservation DistList, Book Arts List
and ExLibris. I apologize for the duplication to those of you on all three
I have begun doing research on English embroidered book bindings. I am
looking for anyone who has done research on these bindings or may know of
someone with this interest. I am also specifically looking for a person who
is knowledgeable in the field of English embroidery. The period I am
specifically interested in is 14th-17th century. However, anything prior
(no known binding examples extant) or later (a number of wonderful examples)
than these dates is welcome. Information on particular collections that contain
English embroidered bindings is welcome as is articles, books or
other research pertaining to these bindings.
You may send the information via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
via snail mail: Roberta Pilette, PCS/GSLIS, University of Texas-Austin,
SZB 564, Austin, TX 78712.
Thank you very much.
Preservation & Conservation Studies
University of Texas-Austin