Book Exhibit in New York Area

If you are in the New York area I hope you will come see "Flights of Fancy",
an exhibition of my books at the Brooklyn Campus of Long Island University.
 The show is in the Resnick Gallery on the third floor of the Salena Library
Learning Center at Dekalb and Flatbush Avenues.  It's easy to reach on the
subway: either take a D, M, N, Q or R train to DeKalb, or a 2, 3, 4 or 5
train to Nevins Street.  The library is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.,
and Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.  The show will be up until October
31st.

Dr. Constance Woo, dean of the Salena Library, curated the show.  Earlier
this summer she spent three days at the Editions studio in Cairo, New York,
pulling out and examining every book I've done, looking at the supporting
files and grilling me on how each book developed.  In the end she selected 85
books.  The earliest piece is a mimeographed and silkscreened book that I did
in junior college 30 years ago.  The most recent piece is a just-completed
book with mirrored pages and pop-up kaleidoscope gardens.

There will be reception in the gallery on Wednesday, September 25 from
5-7p.m.  Please come if you can.  I'll also be giving a workshop called
"Innovative Book Structures" on Friday, October 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
 There is a catalog for the show that includes an essay by Dr Woo and a list
of the books.  It's a fun structure with French-door pages.  For more
information you are welcome to call (718) 488-1051.

Ed (Hutchins)