Volunteers Sought

I'm looking for a volunteer to assist in the HTML markup of back instances
of the Guild of Book Workers Newsletter. The Newsletter appears 6 times a
year. Due to my many other commitments (grad-school, work, life...) I am no
longer able to do this alone. The documents arrive already in an electronic
format, usually either RTF or ASCII, and ready to mark-up. The final
products will be archived on CoOL.

So what's the job? Well each issue needs to be broken down into its
sections, then encoded. The coding will need to be validated to ensure that
it meets the current strict html guidelines, ie no funky netscape tags...
You will also need to build a table of contents for each issue. This is
really much easier than it sounds. I generally use a prior issue already on
the net and simply save then alter the appropriate file names.

What's the reward. Well you get your name on the net in perpetuity,
immortality so to speak. You will also be thanked profusely by myself and
the Guild. Your place in (my) heaven will be assured.

I will work with whomever wants to try this. All you need is proficiency
(sort-of in HTML), access to reliable email and the ability to send and
receive large attachments. The average file size is usually a couple of
hundred kb. total. It also helps if you can ZIP the files into one to send
them. Makes it easier. I guess platform doesn't matter, i just need to be
able to unzip them. They could also be strung together in one long file and
I'll just break them apart.

Anyway, too much information. Think about it and let me know.

Cheers, Peter

>>Drink and be merry, for our time is short and death lasts forever<<

Peter D. Verheyen                                   <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                             <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library          <email> pdverhey@mailbox.syr.edu
Syracuse University               <www> http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244             <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu