Re: Equipment Advice

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Jack C. Thompson wrote:

> >I am wondering if anyone has advice that would assist me in choosing a paper
> >cutter that will cut mill board.

I was lucky to find a used 1930 Niagara 30 inch cast iron sheet
metal cutter at an auction for $300.00.  It takes much less floor space,
is just as heavy duty and not such a monster to move.  They are much
easier to find and will cut any pasteboard or even, amazingly enough,
sheet metal!  Paper cutter it's not but paper is easy.  Board cuts well.

Just a thought to consider

     M I C H A E L   M O R I N                M.F.A., M.L.S.

Director Celtic Press               Instructional Media Librarian
  Buffalo  New York                  D'Youville College Library
                    ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
         Co-Moderator Buffalo Free-Net Preservation SIG