Re: Equipment Advice

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Daria wrote:

> It is 43 degrees this morning - welcome to Fall!
> I am looking for a cutter that can handle book board and,if possible, papers
> also - in the Cape Cod/Boston area or within a few hours drive of there.
> Many thanks for any pertinent info. (I have info on Kutrimmer, but dont have
> enuff money for one right now.)
>
> Cheerio
> Lilias at Saltwinds

If you are mainly looking to cut board and cost and or/space are major
factor you might consider looking for a used sheet metal shear. I
purchased a 1930 Niagara 30 inch cast iron shear that will cut copper,
brass, mild steel AND binders board.  Works great, takes less room,
they're easier to find and are usually cheaper.  Look under used
industrial machinery in the phone book.  I found mind for $300.00.

Godd Luck!

     M I C H A E L   M O R I N                M.F.A., M.L.S.

Director Celtic Press               Instructional Media Librarian
  Buffalo  New York                  D'Youville College Library
                    ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
         Co-Moderator Buffalo Free-Net Preservation SIG