Re: advice about boards

The usual advice is to remember to align grains and equalize the amount
of material on the two sides of the board to control shrinkage.  In any
case I think that you should try things out first.

        1) Use something sturdier than board for the core.  I have used
1/8" plexi.
        2) Don't fully attach some of the materials.  For example, the
envelops could be attached with adhesive on the corners only.
        3) Use some alternative dry mounting material.  I don't know how
archival you want your work to be.  If nonarchival 3-M positionable
mounting film works well.  For archival moutning I like Fusion 2000 which
is a low temperature dry mounting material that is excellent.