Re: Tipping in correction pages (help!)

>This is a somewhat urgent message ...

>The printer thinks he might be able to cut out the page and tip in a new
>one with the same professional hot glue...

>Would it be possible for me to tip in a single page using some other type
>of >glue, PVA or something....

Yes, you can do this.  A PVA, such as Jade 403, will work. One technique is
this:

Draw a line of PVA on a piece of glass or formica a bit longer than the
page you are tipping on; take the new page in hand and touch the inner edge
to the adhesive; then lay the new page into place, having torn the old page
out.

Close the book and move on to the next book.  If you take too much adhesive
up there will be problems on opening the book; the least possible amount of
adhesive is best.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Laboratory