Marbling paper

1.  Can anyone recommend paper that will take watercolor and/or acrylic
marbling without having to be treated with alum.  I do not like working
with the alum.  If you have a source for the paper, I'd love to have
that also.

2.  I'm having trouble getting intense colors from my watercolors and my
acrylic paints when marbling.  Any help out there?  Am I doing something
wrong, or do I need to try another kind of paint?  Suggestions welcome!

Lois