Re: Marbling paper

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Lois & Mark Mittleman (by way of "Peter D. Verheyen" <pdverhey@dreamscape.com>) wrote:

> 1.  Can anyone recommend paper that will take watercolor and/or acrylic
> marbling without having to be treated with alum.  I do not like working
> with the alum.  If you have a source for the paper, I'd love to have
> that also.
>
> 2.  I'm having trouble getting intense colors from my watercolors and my
> acrylic paints when marbling.  Any help out there?  Am I doing something
> wrong, or do I need to try another kind of paint?  Suggestions welcome!
>
> Lois

In short, the alum sticks to the paper fibre and the color sticks to the
alum.  What is your ojection to using alum.

     M I C H A E L   M O R I N                M.F.A., M.L.S.

Director Celtic Press               Instructional Media Librarian
  Buffalo  New York                  D'Youville College Library
                    ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
         Co-Moderator Buffalo Free-Net Preservation SIG