[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Bookness
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@TELEPORT.COM>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:11:47 -0800
- Message-Id: <199609302300.QAA14523@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
My experience at the U.S. Post Office this morning may shed some light on
I told the clerk that the packages were bound, printed matter. As he
weighed and posted them I noticed that the unit charge was higher than what
they were charging last week.
"New unannounced price increase?" I said.
"No." He said.
"But last week...."
In the end, I learned that the post office has one rate for printed, bound
matter, and another (lower) rate for books.
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Laboratory
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR 97217