Re: Bookness

My experience at the U.S. Post Office this morning may shed some light on
this issue.

I told the clerk that the packages were bound, printed matter.  As he
weighed and posted them I noticed that the unit charge was higher than what
they were charging last week.

"New unannounced price increase?" I said.
"No."  He said.

"But last week...."

In the end, I learned that the post office has one rate for printed, bound
matter, and another (lower) rate for books.

Hmnn.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Laboratory