Book_Arts-L FAQ and Update

The list options and relevant commands are also on the list archives site at
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/bookarts>, For those
interested, the Book_Arts-L archives are located othere. This is at the home
of CoOL (Conservation Online). You can also link to them from the "Book Arts
Links" page. Here you will find these instructions on permanent display, the
list
archives.

"Our" homepage is at <http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey>. There you will find a
constantly updated list of bookarts links and resources including tutorials
as well as a bookarts gallery with exhibits of some subscribers works and
others which I happen upon.

The latest Guild of Book Workers exhibit PAPER BOUND has been on display now
for over a month and has been well visited. It features 21 bindings of the
Thomases sample book of handmade (western) papers from the US. It can also
be viewed live at Scripps College, The University of Rochester, Columbia
College for the Arts in Chicago, Smith College, and Ohio University. If you
like it the show, you'll love the catalog and can even place your order
online from the exhibit site. So far we have sold about 1/4 of the saleable
catalogs with 1/2 being held for sites, so hurry if you don't want to be
left out. Purchases of 5 or more will continue to receive the pre-pub price
of $18 + s/h.

Welcome,
Peter Verheyen

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen.It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over 700
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to  listserv@listserv.syr.edu. The message should read:

                     subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
                    unsub Book_Arts-L

These messages should all be sent to listserv@listserv.syr.edu

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey, then "links", then Book_Arts-L.

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu