[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Qualities of the book
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Qualities of the book
- From: "SID HUTTNER, MCFARLIN LIBRARY, TULSA" <HUTTNERSF@CENTUM.UTULSA.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 08:50:24 -0500
- Message-Id: <199610011400.HAA18385@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
"Lord!" he said, "when you sell a man a book you don't sell him
just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue -- you sell him a
whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea
by night -- there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book
...............Chistopher Morley, _Parnassus on Wheels_, 1917.
Sidney F. Huttner . Curator, Special Collections . The University of
Tulsa . 2933 East 6th Street . Tulsa, OK 74104-3123 . 918-631-3133 .
Fax: 918-631-3791 . Internet: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.