Re: Removing glue and labels from book spines

Goo Gone is not the solvent with the lovely orange-oil smell, that's
Citra-Solve.  They're pretty similar otherwise, but Goo Gone, to my nose,
has a distinctly industrial odor. I have both, and use them more or less
interchangeably.  When my very bottle of Goo Gone is $:-) gone, I will
probably just stick (or unstick!) with Citra-Solve, since it smells better.
BTW, I know at least one printmaker who uses Citra-Solve for xerox
transfers.  It's slow, so you get pretty good control, but it leaves more
residue in the paper (short-term anyway; I'm not sure about long-term)
than lacquer thinner.

Judy Kerman