Re: What Mess, This Bookness!

I agree, my dictionary indicates that the word (concept) "book" has many
rather than one set meaning.  Perhaps the best that can be done is for
people who are concerned about this to do what I tell my students when
they try to explain a concept:  develop an operational definition so that
others can know what YOU are discussing.

By the way, does anyone want to bet on why the major book producers are
bookies?

R*