Re: foxing and mold

>        What is needed is research to develop a substance that will serve
>to protect both the cloth binding and the dust cover.  I would love to
>assist someone in this research, I have undertaken rudimentary attempts
>but require the input of a scientific perspective.  Any offers?
        Hello John;A note from a lurker on this group.Paint stores sell a
chemical to mix with paint to inhibit mold-say as in the ceiling of your
shower stall.Off hand I do not know what they use but it has a noxious
odor.This might be a place to start your research.Maybe this stuff could be
incorporated into bindings.It works in shower stall ceilings.
Good luck
SZ