Re: Keith Smith sewings

>I think any tricks will entail creativity and freedom from the idea of
>>traditional book.

One of the presenters at the 1988 Guild of Book Worker's Standards Seminar
was Pam Spitzmueller.  The title of her presentation was "Sewing Through
the Fold."

Her slide show shows a number of traditional exposed sewing bindings, and
she discusses some of those which she has made.

I produced a videotape of that presentation and it is available for $30.00.

Information about this tape, and others from GBW Standards Seminars is
available on my web page, as well as other videotapes on book and paper
conservation.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.