Re: various papers

One of the things to also consider is that almost all copiers reduce, by
default, the image by 2%, meaning that if you use a copy, you may have to
increase the size by 4% to compensate. Since not all copiers are exactly the
same though, it's a good idea to experiment. I learned while working with
Bill Minter on a 1st ed. of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales which had about 60+pp
chewed up by a furry woodland creature. The library which commissioned the
work provided (bad) copies of the missing text which we had to clean up as
well... Very time consuming but very rewarding. We copied onto Sekishu which
we fed through the copier using a piece of paper with a fold along the top
edge into which we slipped the Japanese paper. NO JAMS.

Peter

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu