aging-coloring paper

does any body know the exact recipe for making coloring for making 18
century paper in books look brown when repairing pages--suppose to be the
british museums formula--you take sugar mix it with water boil it down till
it turns black, to a thick syrup or crust, cool then mix with water and use
like a dye.  I know that there are a couple of other things to add but can't
remember.  also will this way of coloring paper harm other pages in the book
by leaching out?---I just used it-just the sugar and it works perfect for
giving the right color to the paper(laid paper)
                                            Brought to you by WWWebMasters
(204.214.98.131) and
                                              SOFIE at the GEARS Project's
OASIS (204.214.98.130)

                 We build Internet access points of presence in rural areas
for communities, investors,
                 non-profit organizations, and members general public welfare.

                                                                    Local
Access.... Global Reach!