[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Permanence of duplicating paper
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Permanence of duplicating paper
- From: Robert Drake <au462@cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 13:51:40 -0400
- Message-Id: <199610241752.KAA15151@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I believe the Gestetner company made both mimeograph machines
(which push ink through a stencil to print th image) and
spirit duplicators (which used an alcohol-based solvent to
transfer ink from a paper "plate" onto th paper). Which one
of these are you referring to?
burning press etc...