[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Inkjet Printer Updates Wanted
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Inkjet Printer Updates Wanted
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@TELEPORT.COM>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 21:17:55 -0800
- Message-Id: <199611050509.VAA22268@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Mary, et. al.,
(big chunks cut out)
>As to permanance, who really knows at this state. That is not the number
>one concern when making art, it falls behind content and form somewhere.
Sorry to have to disagree with this premise. For me, as a conservator,
lack of concern for permanence only holds true for things which will not be
sold or traded for goods/services.
If you take money for it, you have an obligation to either insure that what
you sell will be around for a reasonable length of time, or to explain to
the purchaser that the art is ephemeral.
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR 97217