Re: Inkjet Printer Updates Wanted

I quite agree with the philosophical agruements about art.  However,
conservators have learned to temper philosophy with reality.  We are the
ones who have to explain inherent vice to clients.  After the ink has
faded; after the acidic adhesive/mat has burned into the support; after the
funky leather has powdered away.  Or after the ink ran because it got wet.

Jack

>Even with art, if we imagine immortality we delude ourselves (yes, I dream of
>it too...).  Not that we shouldn't do our best so that, with some of our
>works, we might hope to inspire someone a few hundred years from now, but
>some things that are short-lived are still worth doing.
>                     _________
>|\        /|       /________/(
>|? \    / ?|      (________(/(___
>|??? \/ ???|    /_(________(/__/(