[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Inkjet Printer Updates Wanted
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Inkjet Printer Updates Wanted
- From: mckinney@MSNOTES.WUSTL.EDU
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:44:59 -0500
- Message-Id: <199611051952.LAA18662@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
My assistant brought up an interesting question I could not answer.
Maybe someone else here can.
We use scalpels and of course scalpel blades in our book repair
operation. He happened to notice on a new blade wrapper that it says
STERILIZED BY GAMMA RADIATION.
Now I ordered these and didn't even think about looking at the wrapper.
Is there anything we should know about in storing or using these items?
I am assuming that it is low level radiation, but of course any time
RADIATION is mentioned you wonder.
The other thing that is strange about this is on the outside it says
to read caution on outer container. We never received an outer cover.
Brian D. McKinney
Bindery and Conservation Technician
Bernard Becker Medical Library
St. Louis, MO.