Re: Ring Binder "Spines"

>Can anyone point me toward a source (preferably wholesale but even retail
>would be helpful) for the metal "spines" for these type books, with the
>three or six tension-release rings embedded in them? I can not for the life
>of me find a company that sells just the metal part -- everyone I've found
>just sells made-up ring binders.

>Bonnie Borthwick

Dear Bonnie,

A good quality supplier is
Koloman Handler Loose Leaf Metals, Inc.
125 Wells Avenue
Congers, NY  10920

Fax: 914 268-8404
Phone: 914 268-8400
Outside NY: 1 800 HANDLER (=1 800 426-3537)

They have a *complete* illustrated catalog, with and without boosters (the
lttle lever at the end that opens and closes the rings). There are round,
square, and D-rings.  Also post mechanism, clamping device, swing mechanism
and sample book mechanism. Also with and without backplates, and curved
backplates. There are hundreds of different sizes, capacities, number of
rings, etc. Depending on the exact model, quantities vary from about 50 to
250 per carton.
Richard
http://minsky.com