Re: Copyright

I would like to clarify my understanding of copyright so that I can better
help my students especially concerning what is in or not in copyright, when
do you have to seek copyright permission, how do you go about seeking
copyright permission. Does anyone know of a good, clear book I could get that
might help explain these copyright concerns? (The students will be asked to
choose a short piece of writing, seek copyright permission, design, print and
bind the book.)