Re: Copyright

> On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Patricia Grass wrote:
>
> I would like to clarify my understanding of copyright so that I can better
> help my students especially concerning what is in or not in copyright, when
> do you have to seek copyright permission, how do you go about seeking
> copyright permission. Does anyone know of a good, clear book I could get that
> might help explain these copyright concerns? (The students will be asked to
> choose a short piece of writing, seek copyright permission, design, print and
> bind the book.)

Hi Patricia --

Here's some places to surf to where I'm sure you'll find everything you
need:
Best and good luck with your class project --

Kelley Miles Essoe
http://www.benedict.com/
Copyright Website Everything you need to know about copyrights--from
copyright law to registering with the Copyright Office. Also includes
information on Net-related legal issues.

http://www.cbvcp.com/c2/copywr.html
COPYRIGHT BASICS: WHAT COPYRIGHT IS.

http://www.mcs.net/~fishercg/copyfaq.html
MUSICIANS COPYRIGHT FAQ.  This FAQ aims to set the record straight with
a simple, no-nonsense, and ultimately factually correct description of
the US Copyright Law.

http://www.ior.com/~malhotra/copy.html
COPYRIGHTS -- What they are, how to get one. Defines and explains
copyight-related issues, including how to obtain one.

http://utrc08.admin.utk.edu/overcopy.html
COPYRIGHT General information and answers to frequently asked questions.