Re: hipster librarians

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Rachel Lindstrom wrote:

> ...a quote from Spider Robinson: "Librarians are the secret masters of
> the world.  They control information.  Don't ever piss one off."
>
> Regards, Rachel Lindstrom

Who the hell is Spider Robinson?
Where's the quote from?

In the UK recently there was a TV production of Dennis Danver's book
"Wilderness", it was nothing like the book, but there were some very
interesting library quotes, all of which are unrepeatable here. Watch out
for it if it comes to the states.

I think someone should do a dissertation on the public image of
librarians as shown in films and on TV, it would be quite interesting. So
far I have only seen one film that stereotypes conservators, and that was
Ghostbusters II, (anybody seen any other ones?). I don't think Yanosh put
us in a good light.

Jon Farley
Conservator (not evil I hope!)