[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
William Morris Exhibit
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: William Morris Exhibit
- From: Asa Peavy <asap@SFPL.LIB.CA.US>
- Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:20:15 -0800
- Message-Id: <199611072122.NAA25514@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
From: SMTP%"LETPRESS@listserv.unb.ca" 7-NOV-1996 09:23:15.49
Subj: William Morris Exhibit
This message is being cross-posted to several lists. Please
excuse the duplication.
* * * Exhibition Extended Through November 30 * * *
KELMSCOTT AND BEYOND: WILLIAM MORRIS & MODERN FINE PRINTING
An exhibit highlighting William Morris's Kelmscott Press and his influence on modern
fine and private presses will be on display at the San Francisco Public Library
through November 30, 1996, in the Book Arts and Special Collections Center, 6th Floor,
New Main Library, Civic Center.
The exhibit, marking the centenary of Morris's death, features Kelmscott Press books,
including the magnificent Chaucer, as well as works from other presses influenced by
Morris. Among the featured presses are Ashendene, Doves, Eragny, Vale, Roycrofters,
John Henry Nash, and Grabhorn.
For more information, please call the Book Arts and Special Collections Center at