[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: hipster librarians
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: hipster librarians
- From: Aidan J Meehan <ameehan@DIRECT.CA>
- Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 23:58:07 -0800
- Message-Id: <199611080758.XAA30328@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 08:49 PM 07/11/96 +0000, you wrote:
>On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Rachel Lindstrom wrote:
>> ...a quote from Spider Robinson: "Librarians are the secret masters of
>> the world. They control information. Don't ever piss one off."
>> Regards, Rachel Lindstrom
>Who the hell is Spider Robinson?
Vancouver, Canada SF writer, created the immortal Callaghan's Cross Time
Bar, the Virtual Irish Pub situated at the nexus point of a cosmic
space-time anamoly in which assorted denizens of the universe hang out, as
in a virtual reality chat room. Coined the term cyberspace.