Re: Re Tefillin

mit shayne dank,
Dear Friends,
Gut Shabbos to you all, and may I offer a hearty c'hai as well!

Judith Kerman's word's on T'fellin are wonderful, and I long to wrap
myself in the Shema, the Torah and the Tallit which allows all who
enshroud themselves in it to relate one-on-one with the supreme Being who
IS ONE, WAS and EVER SHALL BE, to which let us all say: Amen.

The Three Volume set of the Stassfeld's "Whole Jewish Catalogue" is a
wonderful compendium of Jewish Knowledge, and I recommend them to anyone
interested in what being a progressively observant Jew means, for the
books inter-twine the traditional in a very egalitarian manner which I
find very refreshing, and quite eddifying, even considering they were
written in the 70's and 80's when egaliterianism was still attempting to
establish itself.

Let us all, believer and non-believer alike come to realize that to be
means to be ethical and accepting of difference.  Let us bind the ethical
and egaliterian t'fillin to our arms and between our eyes, to remind us
that God beckons each of us to treat others with the same respect and
dignity that each of us expect from others for ourselves.
And with homage due to Hillel, for it was he who summed the breathe and
scope of Judaism up as such, "the rest is (truly) commentary."

Shalom, Salaam, Peace.
Rommel John Miller