Re: Degreasing

Dear Robyn,

Could French chalk be the same thing as what I call whiting?  I use that
mixed with ammonia to degrease copper plates, and it works fine.  Another
possibility for degreasing is a paste of either Bon Ami or Ajax cleanser and
water.  Neither of these brands of cleanser will scratch plates, and both
are good degreasers.  Good luck!

Gwen