[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Proposal: Compiling list of artist's book archives
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Proposal: Compiling list of artist's book archives
- From: "Eric D. Friedman" <friedman@HYDRA.ACS.UCI.EDU>
- Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 10:01:22 -0800
- Message-Id: <199611171801.KAA23092@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
RE: the discussion about artist's book archives
If folks on this list want to send me (privately, of course) information
about archives I'll gladly compile and post a list for everyone's benefit.
I can even put it on the Web for easy accessibility.
: > Where is the Sackler collection? If there isn't a list, send me
: P.S. The Marvin and ? Sackler concrete poetry colletion is in Miami, Forida.
That's the Ruth and Marvin Sackner Archive of Concrete and Visual Poetry
which, I'm told by a very reliable source, is in the process of being
sold. (I believe it's in Miami Beach, btw, though I could be mistaken).
Other places with artist's book collections include:
UCLA, the Getty Center (though apparently buying is frozen there for
the moment), Harvard, Scripps College. Don't even bother asking at
Eric D. Friedman