Re: SHARP Book History Prize

        If I may respond to Ms. Africa's query, the word "Publishing" in
SHARP's title refers broadly to all the processes involved in transmitting
script or print from author to reader, and certainly includes binding and
all the book arts.  We didn't specifically mention it only because we
wanted to be concise, but it is implicit in the definition.  The prize,
after all, can be awarded to any book dealing with the transmission of
script or print, and bookbinding certainly is one of the processes
involved in the transmission of script or print.  You'll find the prize
committee --and SHARP as an organization --quite receptive to that kind of
work.

Cordially,

Jonathan Rose