Book_Arts-L List FAQ

The Book Arts Web, homepage of the list has moved. The new URL is:
<http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>

After 5 seconds you should be automatically advanced. If you don't click on
the link to our new home. There you will find a constantly updated list of
bookarts links and resources including tutorials as well as a bookarts
gallery with exhibits of some subscribers works and others which I happen upon.

The latest Guild of Book Workers exhibit PAPER BOUND has been on display now
for over a month and has been well visited. It features 21 bindings of the
Thomases sample book of handmade (western) papers from the US. It can also
be viewed live at Scripps College, The University of Rochester, Columbia
College for the Arts in Chicago, Smith College, and Ohio University. If you
like it the show, you'll love the catalog and can even place your order
online from the exhibit site. So far we have sold about 1/4 of the saleable
catalogs with 1/2 being held for sites, so hurry if you don't want to be
left out. Purchases of 5 or more will continue to receive the pre-pub price
of $18 + s/h. The exhibit can be accessed via the the Guild of Book Workers
homepage at <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byor/gbw/> or the Book Arts Web
at <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>.

The list options and relevant commands are on the list archives site at
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/bookarts>, For those
interested, the Book_Arts-L archives are located there. This is at the home
of CoOL (Conservation Online). You can also link to them from the "Book Arts
Links" page. Here you will find these instructions on permanent display, the
list archives.

Welcome,
Peter Verheyen

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen. It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over 800
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to listserv@listserv.syr.edu. The message should read:

subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
unsub Book_Arts-L

These messages should all be sent to listserv@listserv.syr.edu

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey, then "links", then Book_Arts-L.

>>>                    I love working in the library.                  <<<

Conservation Librarian                                   <fax>315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                 <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse University                <www>http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                 <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu