publishing/funding query

I am a recently graduated designer/typographer who is totally lost in this
wide world without professors! For my thesis, I created a book using
Plato's Symposium as text - the piece was primarily typographic, although
the materials of the book itself became a part of the whole by the end.
However, the details of that project are really irrelevant to my current
query. I have more recently become interested in creating a Bible - sort of
my own (read: controversial) interpretation of the text, revealed through
typography (and of course, the materials used in the piece). I was hoping,
this time around, to be able to actually publish a limited edition of it,
avoiding the pains of having to print and hand-bind myself how ever many
copies I decide to run. If there is anyone out there who knows of any
publishers who'd be interested in this sort of thing, or anyone who might
fund such a project (my thesis left me quite impoverished), I'd be forever
grateful for the information!

Thanks,
Elizabeth

"I don't think 'This is my party' is applicable anymore. The party's kind
of over. Now it's more like, 'This is my life,' 'This is my tribe.'"
                                                                - Nan Goldin