Re: publishing/funding query

At 09:47 AM 11/25/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I have more recently become interested in creating a Bible - sort of
>my own (read: controversial) interpretation of the text, revealed through
>typography (and of course, the materials used in the piece). I was hoping,
>this time around, to be able to actually publish a limited edition of it,
>avoiding the pains of having to print and hand-bind myself how ever many
>copies I decide to run. If there is anyone out there who knows of any
>publishers who'd be interested in this sort of thing, or anyone who might
>fund such a project (my thesis left me quite impoverished), I'd be forever
>grateful for the information!
>
>Thanks,
>Elizabeth

Dear Elizabeth: It sounds great. And like something perhaps Kore Press might
be interested in. Contact Lisa Bowden at 101 W. Sixth St., no. 4, Tucson, AZ
85701. But if it's a very large book, i.e. the size of the Bible, then it
might be a very difficult (and perhaps years-consuming) project for any hand
printer/binder. But then there are always options in bookmaking.

charles

get off my back. the future fields into which I write are
unimaginable. I do not know, any more than you do, what is
around me, nor how far to go, nor precisely what I leave behind.

                                          --Beverly Dahlen
                          from A Reading 8 - 10
                          published by Chax Press