[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 2 books on Islamic Bindings
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: 2 books on Islamic Bindings
- From: Richard Rosenbloom <bonami@JETLINK.NET>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 22:35:01 -0800
- Message-Id: <199611270735.XAA14877@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 11:44 AM 11/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm looking to purchase 2 different books, the first is Islamic Bookbindings
>and Bookmaking by Carswell, Petehrbridge, and Bosch. Oriental Istitute,
>Chicago, 1981 (I think). The second book is fairly new- Turkish Bookbinding
>in the Fifteenth Century by Julian Raby and Zeren Tanindi, Azimuth Editions,
>UK, 1994. I know the last book had been listed at about $130- but I couldn't
>afford it at the time.
>Any know where I might find them?
>Oak Knoll Books Catalogue 548, Item 20, lists Raby's Turkish Bookbinding in
the 15th Century for $135. You can reach them at email@example.com. Their
web address is http://www.oakknoll.com.