Re: Decorative Paste Papers

Hello all...

I've also had some excellent results using straight methyl cell, methyl
cell-PVA mix, and straight PVA as the base for paste papers.  The
straight methyl cell gives a rougher texture, the straight PVA gives a
very slick finish.  For color I've used acrylic paints and/or the Hewitt
analine dyes.  Depending on the quality and sizing of the paper, the dyes
will penetrate and cause a layering effect that can be very appealing.

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Jim

James T. Downey / Legacy Art & BookWorks, Inc.
Now featuring Sutton Hoo letterpress books and artist's books at:
        http://www.legacyart.com
jdowney@mail.coin.missouri.edu