[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Decorative Paste Papers
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Decorative Paste Papers
- From: "James T. Downey" <jdowney@MAIL.COIN.MISSOURI.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 07:14:35 -0600
- In-Reply-To: <199611270828.CAA12264@coins0.coin.missouri.edu>
- Message-Id: <199611271315.FAA17627@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I've also had some excellent results using straight methyl cell, methyl
cell-PVA mix, and straight PVA as the base for paste papers. The
straight methyl cell gives a rougher texture, the straight PVA gives a
very slick finish. For color I've used acrylic paints and/or the Hewitt
analine dyes. Depending on the quality and sizing of the paper, the dyes
will penetrate and cause a layering effect that can be very appealing.
Have a good Thanksgiving!
James T. Downey / Legacy Art & BookWorks, Inc.
Now featuring Sutton Hoo letterpress books and artist's books at: