Re: font design

The best programme I have found is called Fontographer and is available
for the pc and the mac. It allows you to scan in printed material which
you can then use as a base for your letter design. So you can use all
those no longer available Lettraset or Mecanorma type faces as inspiration.
It will create Apple fonts TTF fonts and Adobe fonts

It is utterly brilliant, however it will take a great deal of time to
create a complete font.

Which is why I am going to ask this...

Does anyone have or know where I can get a ttf version of Optima?
If I can't get it I will have to create my own, but I am in a bit of a
hurry, hence the question.

Regards to all

Jon Farley