Miriam Schaer Open Studio

Dear Friends
I am having an open studio of my books and prints at the Lower East Side
Printshop this Saturday December 14. If you are in New York this Satuday for all
the other wonderful bookarts events (Center for Book Arts Holiday Fair, the
lecture at Printed Matter, or the closing postcard party at Dieu Donne Paper
Mill) please stop by.

After the open studio, the Printshop is having its annual holiday party to
celebrate the new 1997 calendar which was created this year by Printshop Tomie
Arai (a six color silkscreen, which is a steal at $25!)
The party is from 6-9. So if you are running late, stop by anyway--
we'll be there.

I will have gloves available, so people will be able to handle the work. I
noticed that was up for discussion a week or so ago (I've just gotten thru my
backlog of email) I have done this in the past and it has worked out well. My
books are mostly one of a kind. Lately I've been creating them from
clothing-bras, girdles, children's clothing, aprons. The number 1
complaint/comment I have from my exhibitions is "I want to see inside".  I
thought in a controlled situation, for one day, with gloves available this would
be possible and the Printshop's open studio program has allowed me this
opportunity.

For more information about the open studio or the
Lower East Side Printshop please call
212-673-5390
or check out their web site at
http://www.webmark.com/printshp/01front.htm