[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Beware - ZIP Viruses
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Beware - ZIP Viruses
- From: Derek Lyons <elde@HURRICANE.NET>
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 07:37:57 -0800
- Message-Id: <199612101551.HAA18314@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 09:04 PM 12/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I saw this on BinderNet: http://www.bindernet.com/
>under "Industry News"
>Beware - ZIP Viruses
>May 28, 1996
>Disguised ZIP Virus
>A NEW Trojan Horse Virus has emerged on the Internet with the name PKZIP300.ZIP
This is *NOT* new. It's at least 3 years old. And as yet, no copies have
been sighted in the wild.
File this one with 'Good Times' and download your software only from places
you know and trust.