Re: VIRUSES and other cooties

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Peter Verheyen wrote:

> All right folks, time for me to get involved. Let's keep all such warnings
> off the list if we can help it all. You won't catch cooties from reading
> your Book_Arts-L postings or surfing the web, mostly. I know that most
> people who send these, and I've done it before as well, mean well. Let's not
> create more panic than we need to, nevermind choking bandwidth.
> >
> >File this one with 'Good Times' and download your software only from places
> >you know and trust.
> >
> >Derek L.
> >
> Also the above is great advice to follow. Antivirus software is cheap,
> relatively, protection, get it, install it, update it and 99% of you should
> be fine. Don't swap floppies randomly, especially with people you don't
> know, either... It's like practicing safe sex.
>
> Peter

So..if you can't bring yourself to sleep with them...then don't take
their disks either.

Good luck, cough,cough

     M I C H A E L   M O R I N                M.F.A., M.L.S.

Director Celtic Press               Instructional Media Librarian
  Buffalo  New York                  D'Youville College Library
                    ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
         Co-Moderator Buffalo Free-Net Preservation SIG