[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Any suggestions?
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Any suggestions?
- From: CLARA KEYES <c.keyes@MOREHEAD-ST.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 08:16:31 -0500
- Message-Id: <199612181317.FAA12199@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Jeff Stiles wrote:
> Can anyone suggest to me a book, or books, about managing a church or small
> library? Thanks much.
I know this is heresy, but check with your local library. They probably
have some books on managing small libraries, or can get a list from
WorldCat or Books in Print. The Association of Christian Librarians
(Cedarville, Ohio) has a manual (title:The Librarian's Manual) published in
1994. There are a couple of "managing the one-person library" titles,
including one published in 1992 by Bowker, written by Guy St. Clair. You
might want to check for newer editions, though.