Smeary Speedball

You're absolutely right when you say Speedball waterbase inks smear.  I
first tried some a couple years ago and found that the least
moisture--like glue on the backside, was enough to cause smudges and
dirty places.  I set them in the bottom of the pile and in experimenting
later I found that some seemed to have cured with time, esp. the colors,
but others were as bad as ever and I had to throw them away as unusable.
I was using them for end sheets and covers and little projects.

Daniel Smith and Speedball oil base work fine.  I haven't tried others.

Joyce