Re: Bookbinding Leather Suppliers

Well, there's always Tandy Leather and its myriad outlets. I am new to
bookbinding and bought one of their $3.99-sq-ft "senior calf" skins to
practice with. That's got to be preferable to making errors on the
$18-sq-foot stuff.

Tandy also sells stuff they call "book leather", most of which looks (to
my inexperienced eye) like artificially grained pig splits.

I would like to hear thoughts of others on the less expensive leathers
such as Tandy's.