Re: Bookbinding Leather Suppliers

Great comments by Peter and Dorothy.  One of the most consistant problems
I have encountered as a private binder has been trying to explain to
customers why leather bindings are _much_ more expensive than a
comparable cloth/decorated paper binding.  Too many people buy "genuine
leather" mass-produced bindings to believe me at first contact.  And I
frequently have customers offer to provide me the leather to rebind their
books when I tell them what quality binding leather will cost.  *sigh*

Thanks again for the comments!

Jim

James T. Downey / Legacy Art & BookWorks, Inc.
Now with over 100 images and new featured artists at:
        http://www.legacyart.com
jdowney@mail.coin.missouri.edu